Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ready...

So, a couple of post ago I mentioned that I was ready for # 2...First off, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. However, I am so ready. I have been saying that I want another baby for over a year now, but I don’t think I was ready. Mentally, physically, and in a word…”motherly”.

Being a mother takes so much. Patience, Love, Forgiveness, Humor, Energy, Humility, Gentleness, Control. This all comes with motherhood. It is a learned trait that is not easily grasped. I’d say it took me a little over 2 years. Although I am not 100% and will never be 100% of a perfect mother - I have learned so much. I have been made and molded into what kind of mother God wants me to be. I have learned to control my temper when I have a screaming 2 ½ year old throwing his applesauce across the room. I have learned to teach and discipline with kindness and love instead of frustration. This makes for an easier journey – and a heck of a lot more fun.

I can say now that I am 100% ready for baby # 2.
Of course there is the fear of time management, “love” management. How do we have another one – a tiny infant that will take up so much time and energy and still show Denver that he is loved just as much – more and more everyday? – I think that is a learned trait too and will come with time. A few pictures of the good, the bad and the ugly of motherhood in my life….


I leave you with this.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentleness and self-control.


-Galatians 5:22

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...cried when I saw pics of tiny baby D. I will never, never forget holding him for the first time. Weighing in at 4lbs. he was the smallest baby I have ever held. I loved him the first second I saw him!
So glad you brought up that motherhood and the patience, maturity, etc. are learned traits. It bugs me that so many don't get that. It is HARD. I have seen SO much patience, maturity, FUN, LOVE, etc. from you when you are with Denver. You are a blessing of a mother. Baby numero two will be just as blessed to have you as Den is.
And you will learn to balance your time and love like you have learned to do so much with Denver. I will be praying that the Lord will give you another sweet baby in His always perfect timing.

PS--I may pray though that it please, please be while I'm still pregnant. :0)

Stacy Ann said...

So very sweet!!! I know just how you feel!!! I'm already looking forward to another one!! Although not the pregnancy part, I could totally skip that! :)
Although Libby has been so good and easy that I'm afraid of what our next one will be like!!

Chelsey said...

Yeah for #2!!! I cant wait!