Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day.

Mother's Day is quickly approaching. Can you believe it? It is already May... WoW!! I really can't believe it... That means in just 3 short days, we will celebrate my baby boys 5th birthday, quickly followed by my.... (UGH - must I say it) 31st birthday.... then not long after that is my baby girl's FIRST birthday. Wow-ZA I can not believe it. Where has the time gone?
I will tell you though. I am one blessed mama.

My kids......

are amazing. Not just a I'm-their-mom-so-of-course-i-think-that kind of way.

Let's go with Denver first. My first born. My son. He has the kindest heart. He is compassionate. HE is a beautiful soul inside and out.
He makes my heart smile, and its the sort of *happy* that'll just warm your entire day. He cares for others. REALLY cares.
He is smart. This boy can build you anything you want.... with real tools. I'm talking, an electric drill, hammer and nails, screwdriver and a level. :-) He'll be an engineer or something one day...I'm sure of it. He turns 5 next week and as it just breaks my heart to think of him growing up so much...I could not be more proud of what he is becoming. He has an amazing outlook on life that anyone could be envious of. Seriously.

Then we have Brita. Sweet, sweet little Brita bear. This girl is a firecracker. Her beautiful red hair apparently ignites the attitude {at least with this mam, it does}, Easiest baby I've known. IF she would have come first...we might have about 10 babies by now...no joke.
She has the best laugh, and cutest little wave, along with her *ayyy* when she says "hi". ADORABLE. I really can not wait to see what is in store for us with her, but I SOOO treasure these moments with he as a baby.

Then there is me....
The fact that God has so graciously given me these two amazing little gifts to watch over.... I mean, Wow. I could not have ever asked for anything better. These two have completed my life and our family. and make my life more full of joy and smiles and laughs than I could have ever imagined. Being their mama may be hard. It certainly has its ups and downs... but the UP'S most defiantly over-take the downs. The 4 am wake up calls, are nothing compared to first bottle of the morning, quiet, lovely and sweet with Brita. The tantrums D *occasionally* throws in the middle of Target...ha!! Well, I definitely count my blessing, and spend all the time I can building, playing on the floor, and running outside with those kids. I know that one day, before I know it they will be grown and, although "as long as I'm living, my babies they'll be" ...I'll all too soon, miss these precious moments with them.

Thank you God for making me a mommy to these amazing little people. You could not have made any two babes more perfect for me.

DSCF4317